google.com, pub-2260011659819468, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Animals World: Tarantula

Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Tarantula

A tarantula is a hairy long-legged, long lived spider foung mostly in warm regions. Also sometimes known as bird spiders or monkey spiders. true tarantulas make up the family theraphosidae; related forms, including tunnel web spiders and Trap Door Spiders, are also sometimes grouped as tarantulas. Many species are about 2.5 to 7.5 cm (1 to 3 in) long, with a 13 cm (5 in) legspan, but some South American species are larger. Tarantulas inject a paralyzing venom into prey with their large fangs. They rarely bite humans, however, and although the bite is painful the venom is usually not seriously harmful to humans.

Aphonopelma chalcodes is a member of the genus of tarantulas of North America. This spider's bite is painful but not generous to humans, and tarantulas can be trained as pets.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I can't leave a comment on you other blog site so I tried leaving my comment here regarding salvia divinorum:


    My name is Margot and I'm the webmaster of http://www.salvia-divinorum-extract-now.com/
    I wanted to know if you could do a paid UNBIASED review of our product/site.


    Please let me know if you are interested.

    Thank you,


    Margot Bree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment,
    I will see you on your site.

    ReplyDelete

Write your commend here, you can create back link here.